Difference between revisions of "Ben Walker"
m (1 revision imported)
Latest revision as of 18:04, 23 January 2018
Email will work, but the rest is obsolete:
ben-walker AT northwestern DOT edu
Phone: (312) 238-6515 Office Rm#: RIC 1479
Ben is a research engineer responsible mainly for moderating this wiki and developing code for the DREAM project (previously called CaDRE). Email him with questions about either of these projects, ultimate frisbee, board games, or national parks.
Ben holds a BS in electrical engineering in 2009 from Seattle Pacific University. He is currently working toward his MS in mechanical engineering at Northwestern University, with a specialization in energy & sustainability and a minor in engineering management. His research involves life cycle analysis of digital services (recent model: http://energy-model.lbl.gov/), though he is also interested in how public policy can bring about changes.
Orlando, Florida, September 30th - October 3rd 2013
- Oral Presentation Abstract -- Accepted
- Walker, Ben and Masanet, Eric. A Publicly-Accessible Model Examining Life-Cycle Energy and Environmental Benefits of Cloud :Computing Services. LCA XIII.
Masanet, E., Shehabi, A., Ramakrishnan, L., Liang, J., Ma, X., Walker, B., Hendrix, V., and P. Mantha (2013). The Energy Efficiency Potential of Cloud-Based Software: A U.S. Case Study. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California.
A data sharing project called Collaborative Database for Reaching Experiments (CaDRE) (2012)
- Ben Walker, Brian London, Konrad Kording.
- Sixth International Workshop Statistical Analysis of Neuronal Data (SAND6) (Abstract)
The Database for Reaching Experiments And Models (Dream) -- Accepted
Properties of Baseball Bats (2010)
- Ben Walker
- Baseball Research Journal. Vol. 39, Is. 1. Society for American Baseball Research. (Article)
Properties of Baseball Bats: Influences on Performance and Historical Correlations (2009)
- SafeCo Field, Seattle, May 16, 2009
- Presentation to Northwest chapter of Society for American Baseball Research (SABR)