Botterell Hall, Rm 449
Goals of NSCI 800
On being a scientist
How to succeed
Graduate School and Professional
- Sept 18: Cellular / molecular neuroscience (Dr.
proposal (please read before class!)
- Sept 25: Cognitive / behavioural neuroscience (Dr.
- Oct 2: Animals and human ethics (Dr. Winterborn)
- Oct 9: Systems Neuroscience (Dr. Munoz)
- Oct 16: Research and data management & Open Science
Current issues in science
Tools and good practices
Intro to Open Science
- Oct 23: Academic misconduct & Open Science II
Plagiarism, honesty, transparency
Pre-registration / registered reports
Publishing data, lab notes, models, analyses, ...
- Oct 30: Scientific writing 101
Scholarship applications (including CCV)
Paper writing 101
- Nov 6: Effective communication
How to make figures (multi-panel)
- Nov 13: Neuroscience careers
Academia, government and industry...
- Nov 20: Computational Neuroscience
What is it and why it's useful
: write a 1-page research proposal of your
(min 1" margins, font
type 12, Arial)
Due date: Dec 1,
2019 (please email me)
Please read this about academic